RES Master and PhD Students
- RES Committee Meeting Report – Form
- Submit a completed committee meeting report form after every committee meeting to the IRES Graduate Program Manager.
- RES Supervisory Committee Composition – Form
- Submit completed composition form to the IRES Graduate Program Manager once your supervisory committee is officially formed (usually towards end of first year in program).
- RES Directed Studies Proposal – Form
- This form must be submitted to the IRES Graduate Program Manager and approved by the Graduate Advisor before the student register’s themselves in the RES 500B Directed Studies course.
- RES Spring Review – Form
- Form is completed in March/April of first year in program by student and supervisor(s). Once complete, it must be submitted to the IRES Graduate Program Manager and RES Graduate Advisor.
- RES Fall Review – Form
- Form is completed by doctoral students in September/October of third year. Once complete, it must be submitted to the IRES Graduate Program Manager and RES Graduate Advisor.
- RES Change of Supervisor – Form
- To be completed and submitted to the IRES Graduate Program Manager as needed.
RES Student Travel Award
G+PS Graduate Student Travel Fund
RES Master Students only
Thesis Formatting and Preparation
Master’s Final Thesis Defence
- RES Master’s Thesis Defence – Form
- Completed form must be submitted to the IRES Graduate Program Manager at least three weeks prior to your defence date. Form must also be approved by the Graduate Advisor.
RES PhD Students only
Comprehensive Exam (RES)
Advancement to Candidacy (G+PS)
To Advance to Candidacy, three items must be completed: (1) RES doctoral course requirements completed, (2) Comprehensive Exam passed, and (3) Thesis Proposal approved by your supervisory committee.
- All doctoral students must advance to Candidacy within 36 months of their program start (but preferably within first 24 months of program).
- G+PS Advancement to Candidacy Policy
- G+PS Recommendation for Advancement to Candidacy – Form
Dissertation Preparation and Formatting (G+PS)
External Examination and Final Doctoral Exam (G+PS)
Final Dissertation Submission (G+PS)
Last updated December 21, 2016.