- RES Committee Meeting Report - Form
- Submit a completed committee meeting report form to the Graduate Program Manager after every committee meeting.
- RES Supervisory Committee Composition - Form
- Submit completed composition form to the Graduate Program Manager once your supervisory committee is officially formed (usually towards the end of your first year).
- RES Directed Studies Proposal - Form
- This form must be submitted to the Graduate Program Manager and approved by the Graduate Advisor before the student will be registered in RES 500B Directed Studies.
- IRES Workplace Safety Orientation - Form
- To be completed and submitted to the IRES Graduate Program Assistant.
- RES Change of Supervisor - Form
- To be completed and submitted to the Graduate Program Manager if required.
- IRES Fieldwork Risk Assessment - Form
- To be completed and signed off by both the student and the student's supervisor. Copies must be kept on file by both the student and the supervisor.
RES Student Travel Award
G+PS Graduate Student Travel Fund
Thesis Formatting and Preparation
Master's Final Thesis Defence
- IRES Protocol for Virtual Defences of MSc and MA Theses
- RES Master's Thesis Defence - Form
- Completed form must be submitted to the Graduate Program Manager at least three weeks prior to your defence date for approval by the Graduate Advisor.
- G+PS Master's Post-Final Defence Forms - Required
- G+PS Final Submission Requirements
- G+PS Thesis Submission FAQ
RES Student Fast Tracking Policy
Comprehensive Exam (RES)
- IRES Guidelines for Virtual Oral Comprehensive Exams
- RES Comprehensive Exam Guidelines
- RES Comprehensive Examination - Form
Advancement to Candidacy (G+PS)
To Advance to Candidacy, three items must be completed: (1) RES doctoral course requirements completed, (2) Comprehensive Exam passed, and (3) Thesis Proposal approved by your supervisory committee.
- All doctoral students must advance to Candidacy within 36 months of their program start (but preferably within first 24 months of program).
- G+PS Advancement to Candidacy Policy
- G+PS Recommendation for Advancement to Candidacy - Form
Dissertation Preparation and Formatting (G+PS)
External Examination and Final Doctoral Exam (G+PS)
- Guide to Final Doctoral Exam Process
- External Examiner Nomination - Form
- University Examiner Nomination - Form
- Graduate Program Approval Memo - Form
- Programme - Template
Final Dissertation Submission (G+PS)