- RES Committee Meeting Report - Form
- Submit a completed committee meeting report form to the Graduate Program Manager after every committee meeting.
- RES Supervisory Committee Composition - Form
- Submit completed composition form to the Graduate Program Manager once your supervisory committee is officially formed (usually towards the end of your first year).
- RES Directed Studies Proposal - Form
- This form must be submitted to the Graduate Program Manager and approved by the Graduate Advisor before the student will be registered in RES 500B Directed Studies.
- IRES Workplace Safety Orientation - Form
- To be completed and submitted to the IRES Graduate Program Manager.
- IRES Policy on Handling Student-Supervisor Issues
- G+PS Student-Supervisor Advising Policy
- RES Change of Supervisor - Form
- To be completed and submitted to the Graduate Program Manager if required.
- RES Student Desk Policy
- Field Safety documentation
- If you are doing field work, fill all forms under the Required Field Safety documentation at the link above
- The Fieldwork safety plan (at link above) is to be completed and signed off by both the student and the student's supervisor. Send to Local Safety Team for review by emailing s.finestone[at]oceans.ubc.ca AND caroline[dot]wong[at]ubc[dot]ca
- Working Alone or in Isolation in the Field and at Home
- Procedures, guidance, and an app that checks up on user during a working alone session
- Plagiarism Policy
- RES Student Travel Award - Policy and Form
- G+PS Graduate Student Travel Fund - Policy and Application Procedures
Thesis Formatting and Preparation
Master's Final Thesis Defence
- IRES Protocol for Virtual Defences of MSc and MA Theses
- RES Master's Thesis Defence - Form
- Completed form must be submitted to the Graduate Program Manager at least three weeks prior to your defence date for approval by the Graduate Advisor.
- G+PS Master's Post-Final Defence Forms - Required
- G+PS Final Submission Requirements
- G+PS Thesis Submission FAQ
RES Student Fast Tracking Policy
Comprehensive Exam (RES)
- IRES Guidelines for Virtual Oral Comprehensive Exams
- RES Comprehensive Exam Guidelines
- RES Comprehensive Examination - Form
Advancement to Candidacy (G+PS)
To Advance to Candidacy, three items must be completed: (1) RES doctoral course requirements completed, (2) Comprehensive Exam passed, and (3) Thesis Proposal approved by your supervisory committee.
- All doctoral students must advance to Candidacy within 36 months of their program start (but preferably within first 24 months of program).
- G+PS Advancement to Candidacy Policy
- G+PS Recommendation for Advancement to Candidacy - Form
Dissertation Preparation and Formatting (G+PS)
External Examination and Final Doctoral Exam (G+PS)
- Guide to Final Doctoral Exam Process
- External Examiner Nomination - Form
- University Examiner Nomination - Form
- Graduate Program Approval Memo - Form
- Programme - Template
Final Dissertation Submission (G+PS)