– Works with the Director on overall administrative running of the Institute
– Responsible for the management and organization of the operational activities of the Institute
– Co-ordinates and manage staff recruitment
– Responsible for hiring of all post-doc, research assistants and visitors to the Institute
– Manages the budget for the Institute recommending allocation for funding to the Director
– Responsible for the administrative process of appointment, promotion and tenure for faculty members
– Provides authoritative financial advice to faculty, staff and students on UBC and granting agency policies
– Administers all active research grants using university wide software and IRES Shadow Ledgers, acting as liaison and ensuring compliance
– Performs in-depth financial statistical reports, assists with budget projection and reconciliations for new and renewing grant applications
– Coordinator of UBC Purchase Card, Petty Cash Custodian and administrator for UBC telephones
– Responsible for hourly time sheets for students, staff and faculty in IRES, and provides financial and policy support on all HR appointments
– Prepares account payable, Journal vouchers and purchasing documents for IRES funds, including departmental
Lisa acts as a contact point for faculty and students regarding student related matters. She coordinates everything from admissions to graduation and all that comes in between.
Kyla assists the Graduate Program Manager with the overall administrative functioning of the RES Graduate Program.
She liaises directly with IRES faculty, current and prospective students and UBC staff.
Specific tasks include assisting with the RES admissions and awards processes, generating student appointments and tracking of student progress.
– Manages room bookings in the AERL building
– Updates the IRES website
– Organizes events (eg. IRES Seminar Series, Student Symposium, Annual Celebration)
– Maintains office supplies and equipment
– Administers keys & orders business cards
– Handles UBC IT & building issues
– Performs other administrative duties that support RES graduate students and faculty
Carlina is currently in her 4th year of BSc Environmental Sciences. Her duties include managing and updating the IRES website, the Faculty Photo Wall, and the IRES graduate student seating plan. She also assists with the IRES Seminar Series and helps out the RES Program Support with various ad-hob administrative duties.
Tiffany is currently in her 4th year of undergraduate studies, doing an Honours in Geography and a second major in Sociology. Her main duties include assisting the Graduate Program Manager in student and alumni-related projects and data analysis work. She will also be involved some website management tasks and ad-hoc administrative duties.