Up to $500 per award
There are 10 RES Student Travel Awards issued each year. Each award is a reimbursement of up to $500 per student for eligible expenses. The award is meant to support those presenting a paper or poster at an official ‘field-relevant’ conference or symposium. Student workshops are not eligible.
The 10 RES Student Travel Awards are distributed among the three academic terms:
|September 1 – December 31||3 awards available|
|January 1 – April 30||4 awards available|
|May 1 – August 31||3 awards available|
1) Please first approach your supervisor(s) to request:
– Funding as the first option for covering expenses for your conference presentation.
– The full support of your supervisor(s) to attend the conference or symposium.
2) Should you need additional funding, and prior to attending your conference, please provide the following to the IRES Graduate Program Manager:
– RES Student Travel Award application form.
– Proof of conference presentation (e.g., email confirmation or program agenda).
3) Please ensure you keep all original receipts for the expenses you wish to claim for this award. Read the details on the application form carefully!!
4) Submit all original receipts for the expenses you wish to claim to the IRES Graduate Program Manager upon your return.
5) UBC Payroll usually provides reimbursement within 4-6 weeks.
6) If eligible and interested, you may also want to apply for the G+PS Student Travel Fund.