Up to $500 per award
There are 10 RES Student Travel Awards issued each year (September – August). Each award is a reimbursement of up to $500 per student for eligible expenses. The award is meant to support those presenting a paper or poster at an official ‘field-relevant’ conference or symposium. Student workshops are not eligible.
1) Please first approach your supervisor(s) to request:
– Funding as the first option for covering expenses for your conference presentation.
– The full support of your supervisor(s) to attend the conference or symposium.
2) Should you need additional funding, prior to attending your conference, please email the Graduate Program Manager to say that you would like to be considered for this award. CC your supervisor and include a copy of the conference program, letter, or email confirmation listing your name and title of poster/presentation.
3) The Graduate Program Office will review your request and confirm if there is an award available to be held for you.
4) Please ensure you keep all original receipts for the expenses you wish to claim for this award. Read the details on eligible expenses carefully!!
5) Submit all original receipts for the expenses you wish to claim along with the reimbursement form to the IRES Graduate Program Manager upon your return.
6) UBC Payroll usually provides reimbursement within 4-6 weeks.
7) If eligible and interested, you may also want to apply for the G+PS Student Travel Fund.