Sociocultural Significance of Salmon for Tribes and First Nations
Earth Economics seeks a part-time Research Assistant (RA) to be a part of Earth Economics’ ongoing project for the Pacific Salmon Commission. The RA will support Earth Economics’ work with the Pacific Salmon Commission to understand the sociocultural value of salmon for Tribes and First Nations in the Pacific Salmon region.
The RA will participate as an integral part of the project team. The RA will receive mentorships and training through working closely with the Project Director and other Earth Economics staff. Priority will be given to applicants from Tribes or First Nations in the region.
Required Education/Experience: Demonstrated interest in—and familiarity with—the topic.
Term: 3 to 7 months from August 2020 to March 2021, 30 hours per month.
Compensation: $15/hour (USD).
If applicable, Earth Economics will provide internship documentation required for academic credit or professional development are met. Washington State residents may be eligible for work-study.
Interested applicants should submit a brief letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Self-motivated, reliable, and able to work independently
- Ability to participate in an interdisciplinary team, think strategically, and solve problems creatively
Responsibilities may include:
- Working with project team on the project’s approach, communications, and reporting
- Assisting with analyses and literature review
- Supporting project team in surveying, interviewing, and workshop engagements
- Collaborating with Tribes, First Nations, and PSC Partners to share information and gather feedback
- Drafting proposed communication plans, outreach strategies, and/or media development
- Coordinating research and report writing with input and contributions from project team
- Serving as contributing author, presentation speaker, and outreach coordinator
- Domestic and/or international travel and event attendance may be requested
Click here to view the full job posting.
Click here to learn more about the project.