Assistant Professor of Environmental Science
Saint Michael’s College invites applications for a Tenure-Track Assistant Professor in the Department of Environmental Studies and Science to begin Fall 2020. The ideal candidate will be a broadly trained Environmental Scientist with a Ph.D. in Environmental Science or a closely-aligned field. We seek a colleague with a desire to work in a setting that features cross-disciplinary teaching who is enthusiastic about the teaching and research opportunities in Vermont’s exceptional natural environment including the College’s permaculture farm and 350 acre natural area.
- Introductory and advanced level courses in Environmental Science; a capstone experience in Environmental Science; participation in the Department’s Environmental Research Methods course, as well as courses in the candidate’s specific areas of interest
- Advise undergraduate students
- Engage in scholarly and research activities which will include undergraduate students
- Play a leadership role in program development and participate in other service to the Department and the College
- Ph.D. must be in hand by August 2020
- Experience teaching undergraduate courses in Environmental Science
Preference will be given to candidates with postdoctoral teaching and research experience. Experience with Geographic Information Science or Spatial Analysis desirable.
Applicants should demonstrate a commitment to creative and innovative undergraduate teaching and be able to apply appropriate technology to the teaching & learning process.
Candidates should be supportive of the mission of this Catholic, residential, liberal arts college including social justice, global awareness and interdisciplinary education.
An offer of employment will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
Please be prepared to attach the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of Application
- Statement of teaching philosophy and research interests
- Undergraduate and graduate transcripts
Review of applications will begin on December 1, 2019 and continue until the position is filled.
Click here to view the job posting.