Program Director, British Columbia
Tides Canada is a leading national charity that enables community-led transformation for a healthy environment, social equity and economic prosperity for all Canadians. We are seeking a visionary and strategic individual for an exciting new position, Program Director, British Columbia who will design our next phase of innovative programming in the region.
Reporting to the CEO, this role will focus on deepening Tides Canada’s position as a sector leader and convener with a focus on the environment and community well-being. This senior position is based in Vancouver and offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and flexi-time.
Roles and Duties:
- Develop the next iteration of Tides Canada strategy in British Columbia, to build upon on our significant accomplishments to date and integrate current strategies.
- Strengthen Tides Canada’s position as a prominent leader and convener, with a focus on key environmental and community well-being issues.
- Make relationship building and networking a priority through enriching relationships with key shared interest holds such as governments, donors and foundations; attend events and identify potential areas for growth and future opportunities.
- Identify and attract new funders to support program objectives.
- Provide direction and active support for BC-focused program staff and ensure strong staff engagement.
- Design, implement and manage an operational plan and budget for the BC region.
- Write materials, speak at events and contribute to other communication channels for a range of diverse audiences.
- Develop grantmaking and programmatic strategies and implementation frameworks for philanthropic clients, in BC and across Canada.
- Contribute to the collaborative culture as an active member on the Tides Canada management team.
- A degree in a related field (e.g. environmental or social sciences, conservation, public policy); and/or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Active interest in environmental or social issues in the BC region with a solid knowledge of Canadian geographic, ecological, and human diversity.
- Significant experience with both fundraising and with institutional grant-making.
- Expertise in designing innovative solutions to improve environmental and/or social outcomes.
- Significant management experience (experience supervising remote staff is an asset).
- Good knowledge of the charitable regulatory and operating environment, including governance.
- Demonstrated commitment to Indigenous rights and reconciliation processes.
- Excellent listener, convenor and communicator, both in writing and speaking.
- Humble, self-aware, energetic and courageous.
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 30, 2019. In your cover letter please share what you think makes you an ideal candidate for this role and why our organization is so compelling to you.
Click here for the job posting.