Feb 9 2018
Introducing Danielle Barkley
We’d like to e-introduce you to Danielle Barkley, Graduate Educator with the Centre for Student Involvement & Careers (CSIC).
Danielle works to support graduate student career and professional development; she has provided a summary of the Graduate services available at the CSIC below:
Graduate Services at the Centre for Student Involvement and Careers (CSIC)
Graduate students (Masters and PhD, any discipline and any stage of their program) can access services related to career advising and development through the CSIC (located in Brock Hall, Room 1036, open M-F from 9 to 6). Students can also access services for up to 1 year post graduation. Danielle Barkley, who holds a PhD from McGill University, works as the Graduate Career Educator and can serve as the key point of contact for inquiries related to graduate students.
Services available include:
- Graduate focused workshops and events, including discipline-targeted career planning workshops, and career panels featuring alumni and professionals
- By request, faculty/department specific consultations and workshops on topics including career planning, networking, resumes, interviews etc.
- Weekly, graduate student-only drop-in advising hours (Fridays from 10:00 -12:00); held in the CSIC, no appointment required
- Group advising conversations in which graduate students meet with the graduate career educator in small groups for discussion of common career-related questions
- One-on-one advising appointments, available by booking online or speaking to the CSIC front desk