November 8 2017
TA Opportunity – UBC ASIC 220
Course Description & Learning Objectives
This is an introductory review course, and as such it will provide a comprehensive introduction to sustainability. This means that the coverage of topics will be broad and encompass a number of disciplines including environmental science, economics, political science and psychology. Students are not expected to have a background in any of these disciplines.
The TA will work 12 hours per week from Jan 2018 to April 2018.
The course will explore questions related to the sustainability for which people may have strong opinions. These include:
- How and why do humans misuse and abuse the environment?
- What has a greater impact on the planet’s health: population or consumption?
- Are economic development and environmental protection incompatible?
- Can technological fixes solve environmental problems?
- How do you know if a product or action is ‘green’?
- Is economics the key? Can ‘getting the price’ solve environmental problems?
- Are there limits to growth? Can we leave the world better off for future generations?
- How might we live sustainably and equitably on the planet?
For the TA UBC ASIC 220 Application, click here.
Please attach a current CV and return your application and attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Wednesday November 22, 2017
UBC hires on the basis of merit and is committed to employment equity. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Photo Credit: StickerGiant Custom Stickers from flickr/ Creative Commons