Value: $40,000 stipend plus $20,000 travel allowance per year, for up to 4 years
Up to 15 Trudeau Scholarships are awarded each year to support doctoral students pursuing research related to one of its four founding themes: Human Rights and Dignity, Responsible Citizenship, Canada in the World, and People and their Natural Environment. Trudeau Scholars are highly gifted individuals who are actively engaged in their fields and expected to become leading national and international figures.
- Candidates must be applying into the first year of a PhD at UBC, or be registered in the first or second year of a PhD at UBC.
- Although priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents, up to one scholar in four per given year may be a foreign national registered full-time in a doctoral program at a Canadian institution. This applies in particular to students from emerging nations.
Applications are submitted via the Trudeau Foundation application portal:
- Create an account online at: https://trudeaufdn.fluxx.io/apply/scholars
- For University Name, enter “The University of British Columbia”
- For Faculty or Department, enter the chosen UBC graduate program
- Registrants will receive a username and password in 2-3 business days (check the spam folder)
- Once access is granted, complete the application form, request three letters of recommendation, and upload transcripts
- Detailed application procedures are available here: http://www.trudeaufoundation.ca/en/programs/scholarships/become-scholar
Please note that there is no graduate program nomination process. The Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies will convene an adjudication committee composed of UBC faculty members to review applications and select UBC’s nominees to the national competition.
For further information, please visit our website: https://www.grad.ubc.ca/awards/trudeau-foundation-doctoral-scholarship
UBC applicant deadline: 11:59pm (Vancouver time) on Monday, 23 October 2017