September 12 2017
You are cordially invited to the upcoming conference on the future of doctoral education at UBC and beyond. The ‘Reimagining the PhD – 2017’ symposium, to be held on 29 September 2017, will continue the conversation we started three years ago here at UBC. Join us to discuss how we can continue to transform the doctorate in ways that meet the needs of the 21st century world.
Among our speakers are:
- Suzanne Ortega, President of the (US) Council of Graduate Schools
- Dean Oliver, Director, Research, Canadian Museum of History
- Lauren Hunter, Former Head, IN.spire Innovation Hub, Natural Resources Canada
- Ursula Gobel, Associate Vice-President, Future Challenges, SSHRC
- David Phipps, Executive Director, Research & Innovation Services, York University
The opening remarks of the symposium will be provided by President Ono.
For the program, more information, and registration please go to: www.grad.ubc.ca/symposium2017